This 162 acre farm is its own valley within the valley. A spring fed creek meanders through the middle of the property, supplemented by several dams. Topography is best described as hilly with long ridgelines. A good network of well maintained tracks provides good access to all areas of the block. The fertile brush soils have a good coverage of kikuyu, paspalum, rhodes grass and red grass which supports an estimated year round carrying capacity of 35 breeding units.
This property has undergone a major makeover in the past couple of years with upgraded fencing and extensive weed management. In addition to the work carried out on the land, the comfortable weatherboard home has also been given a bit of a makeover – there is still the potential for further development on the house. The zoning is such that the new owner could build a second home on block (subject to council consent). There is an excellent elevated house site at the front of the property with outstanding views down the valley. The current cottage could be rented out to provide a steady income stream in addition to the cattle enterprise.
If you are looking for a productive farm, at an affordable entry point, where most of the hard work has been done, then this tidy farm in the Wallanbah Valley is certainly worth considering. Situated 20 minutes drive from Gloucester and 45 minutes to the coast (Forster).
– 162 acres of excellent grazing country
– 3 bedroom weatherboard house plus sleep-out
– Highly productive, fertile brush soils
– Watered by several dams and a spring-fed creek
– Extensive weed management has been undertaken by the current owner
– Estimated carrying capacity 35 breeding units or 42 steers
– Situated in the Wallanbah Valley 25km east of Gloucester via tar sealed road
– The zoning allows for the building of a second dwelling (subject to council consent)
– An excellent second house site with wonderful views down the valley
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information herein from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.