‘Aberfoyle’ comprises 128 ha (316 acres approx) of grazing land with extensive frontage to the crystal clear Gloucester River, a 72 meg water licence and 40 acres of river flats in 5 paddocks. There is a secluded camping and swimming spot on the river bend which is very special and sure to provide a wonderful escape for family and friends. The property also boasts two dwellings.
The main residence is a beautifully presented, 3 bedroom weatherboard home. It is set back from the road with established gardens and was built in the 1950s. Some of the many features include:
– The country-style, eat-in kitchen was built in 2007 and has a lovely grey iron-bark floor
– Wraparound verandah off the kitchen
– Screened-in Queensland Room/verandah
– Open lounge and dining room
– Ceiling fans, slow combustion wood heater, split system air conditioners
– Generous bathroom
– Second shower, vanity & toilet in the laundry
– Office, leadlight features, fully insulated walls and ceiling, electric hot water system and satellite TV and internet
– Double car port, rustic potting shed and a new 22,500 litre rainwater tank
A second cottage (circa 1908) has a separate entrance from Westleys Road. This cottage is currently being rented to an excellent long-term tenant. It includes:
– Polished hardwood floors
– The roof was replaced in 2009
– 2/3 BR plus an office
– 2 Living rooms
– Eat-in kitchen with new electric range
– Bathroom with shower/bath combo and separate toilet
– Heat pump hot water service, air-conditioning, ceiling fans, 22,500 litre rainwater tank
– Single carport
Improvements and Infrastructure:
– Large machinery shed with lock-up bay
– The old dairy with power and lights and lock-up room
– Solid stockyards adjacent to the dairy
– A pump on the river supplies water to a tank near the house which services the gardens and troughs in the paddocks. A booster pump at the dairy provides extra pressure.
The Vendors advise ‘Aberfoyle’ will run 55 breeders in a normal season and can also be used as a fattening property. This could be increased through ongoing pasture improvement and silage production over the summer months for winter supplementation.
‘Aberfoyle’ is an outstanding rural package located 20 mins drive south west of Gloucester. The beautiful valley setting with outstanding river frontage and two great houses delivers country living at its very best.
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information herein from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.