‘Brae-Ella’ comprises 156 acres and is set in a stunning rural landscape on the crystal clear Gloucester River. The current owners have done a superb job of creating a welcoming, restful and beautiful place to live, offering fresh air, a clean river and the ability to operate a small farm.
The central room of the home was originally a corn shed for the dairy which dates back to circa 1894. The home has been built from a combination of materials including stones gathered from the property, slab timbers and items rescued and recycled – all of which ooze charm and history. Features of the home include:
– Stunning, character-filled 3 bedroom home
– Wrap around veranda and several outdoor entertaining areas
– The centre of the home is the former rustic corn shed which serves as a wonderful living/reading room with slow combustion wood fire and adjoining study
– Spacious combined living/meals with vaulted ceilings, picture windows and slow combustion fire/oven
– Main bedroom with ensuite, window seat and French doors onto the veranda
– Generous kitchen with granite island bench
– Solar panels feeding back into the grid
– Apricus solar hot water system
– Laundry with 3rd toilet
The house is complemented by the beautiful gardens that the owners have lovingly created over the 30 years they have owned the property. The garden abounds with bird-life and has a number of special places for you to sit and rest and just soak in the beauty around you. They surround the old dairy which has been converted into fully self-contained guest accommodation (2BR). There’s also a rustic shed made from timbers rescued from the neighbour’s original settlers cottage, a tool shed in the form of an old country “dunny” and raised veggie gardens.
Other key selling points include:
– Good water security from four water tanks and the ability to pump up from the river for the gardens
– Garage/2 bay shed with studio (also handy for overflow sleeping)
– 3 bay machinery/hay shed and steel cattle yards
– 600m of frontage to the Gloucester River with several secluded picnic and camping areas
– Approx 5.5ha (13.5 acres) of river flats and a 21 megalitre water licence, 5 dams
– Ability to grow silage and supplementary feed on the river flats
– Ridges and steeper bush to the rear of the property
– Vendor advises carrying capacity at 22 cows and calves
Brae-Ella is approximately 20 minutes’ drive south west from the vibrant and friendly rural community of Gloucester, and under 3 hour’s drive from the start of the M1 in Sydney.
Inspections are strictly by prior appointment.
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information herein from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.