– 412 acre (approx) lifestyle block with extensive frontage to the Bowman River
– 3 spectacular swimming holes (these are just the one’s we’ve discovered)
– Cascades will appeal to people who love nature, the forest, the river, wildlife, privacy and bush walking
– It has at least 2 or 3 camping spots (generally 4WD access)
– Off the grid situation – no mobile service or power
– Located on Mud Hut Road at Upper Bowman (Lot 81 & 87 on DP 753147)
– 25 minutes drive north west of Gloucester
– Access to the property is from a council maintained road
– The block is mostly steep bush – not suitable for cattle grazing
– A track has been dozed some way up the hill, to a cleared area on the ridge. Here you will discover a camp site which provides complete privacy. This track is suitable for 4WD, and generally dry weather access.
– There is a second cleared area close to the river suitable for a weekender- this is a gently sloping area comprising about an acre of cleared land
– Hunting is allowed in the adjacent state forest with the appropriate licence and approvals
– You can take yourself on a SELF-DRIVE TOUR by following the directions below:
Set you odometer to ZERO at the roundabout at the end of Church Street Gloucester and follow Thunderbolts Way towards Barrington.
6.6 km Barrington Store will be on your left
8.1 km After crossing the Barrington Bridge turn right onto Thunderbolts Way. The sign says to Nowendoc and Walcha. (Do not take the road to Scone)
13.0 km Turn left onto Bowman River Road
23.3 km The road changes from tar to gravel
29.4 km Turn left onto Mud Hut Road (Almost there)
30.7 km You will go over a bridge. From here it is only 270 metres to the start of Cascades. Cascades is all the land you can see on the left hand side of the river from this point onwards (Basically from the river to the top of the hill).
As you continue to drive you will see some wonderful water holes and “cascades” in the river. These are all accessible from the property.
32.0 km You have arrived at the ENTRANCE to the property.
As you drive over the Causeway the entrance is on the left hand side. A rough 4WD track goes up the hill to a site which was cleared for a shed. Please do not drive up this road as it could be slippery or might have hazards.
You can park off the road in the picnic spot on the right hand side and walk up the hill.
Alternatively, you may like to hike back along the river exploring some of the beautiful water holes.
From the causeway the property continues for a further 1.4 km. As you drive the property runs down to the river on the right hand side of the road, and up to the top of the hill on the left hand side of the road.
33.4 km The cattle grid marks the end of the property.
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information herein from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.
– PLEASE REGISTER NOW FOR A PRIVATE VIEWING –
“Thank you for your interest in our listing. We wish to ensure that whilst acting responsibly, we continue to serve all of our clients; both buyers and sellers, by continuing to offer properties for sale through our online mediums. We welcome your enquiry and encourage you to click the Email Agent button and send through any questions you may have regarding this property. We are working remotely and will answer promptly. Please notify us if you would like to schedule an inspection and we will arrange this for you as soon as possible.”