‘Dunbar’ is situated just east of the township of Gloucester on the Avon River and runs back to the ridgeline of the Mograni Range. It is conveniently located a few minutes’ drive from town and enjoys a wonderful rural amenity with unrivalled views of the majestic Bucketts Mountains.
It’s a fabulous, diversified property comprising a total of 147.2 hectares (363 acres approx) broken down as follows:
– Prime grazing land – 134 acres (approx)
– Hardwood timber plantation – 115 acres
– Natural bushland running up the Mograni Range – 115 acres
The impressive residence is a split-level, 5-bedroom brick home in an elevated position with amazing views overlooking the farm, Gloucester and the Bucketts Mountains. Some of the many features of the house include:
– Kitchen/meals, formal dining, formal lounge, family room, pool room with bar and study nook
– Enclosed verandah with huge picture windows taking in the view of the mountain
– Generous master bedroom with a large ensuite, walk-in robe and “the view”
– A self-contained, one bedroom flat with its own private entrance, bathroom, living room and kitchen. Perfect for guests or ideal as B&B accommodation
– Outdoor, undercover entertaining area off the family room with electric louvres overhead
There’s a large, fully enclosed 4 bay shed close to the house with two sliding roller doors, power, lights and 2 large water tanks. Another 2 large tanks on the hill gravity feed water back to the house.
The farmland is flat to gently rolling. Cattle can also graze in the plantation timber which bolsters the feed available and provides good summer shade. The farm has eight dams. There are 10.6ha (26 acres) of river flats on the western side of Waukivory Road including a large permanent Billabong at the river. Paddock fences are generally in good condition. There are a few spots where some minor maintenance is needed. It has not been possible to inspect all the boundary fences, particularly back up into the bush. Cattle yards are at the front of the property and have been integrated with the old dairy and include a crush, calf cradle & scales. There’s an adjacent large hayshed, plus open three bay shed. The driveway to the house is tar-sealed.
‘Dunbar’ presents the perfect opportunity to run some cattle on an easy to manage property offering privacy and the convenience of living close to town.
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information herein from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.