‘Silverthorn’ comprises 359 acres set in a scenic location encompassing a valley running from ridges to stunning river flats on the road to highly sort after Gloucester Tops. It has excellent infrastructure suitable for horse and cattle enterprises. For many years the property has operated as Silverthorn Australian Stock Horse Stud, producing sure-footed, easy-going mounts that were shown in the highest-level Australian Stock Horse competitions.
The farm is 80% cleared grazing land with 16 acres of fertile river flats, a 70 megalitre water licence and an 800m frontage to the Gloucester River. It has excellent water security from six dams, springs in the hills and the permanent river. Secure average annual rainfall of around 38 inches.
The property has been strategically sub-divided into several main paddocks for ease of cattle rotation and management of horses. All the stunning timber fences have been sourced from timber on the property. There are strategic stands of millable timber still available.
Impressive structural equine improvements include:
– Camp Drafting Arena at the front of the property
– The main stable complex incorporating:
– Undercover day/night arena
– Undercover round yard links to this arena
– 13 stables
– Wash area
– All weather Open Work Arena with cambered surface
– Large 20m x 20m undercover round yard
– Extensive holding yards
– Dairy converted into Jackeroo accommodation
– Further improvements include machinery shed, silo, two fuel tanks, solid timber yards and undercover crush and loading ramp.
– The comfortable country farmhouse offers great living areas and overflow accommodation for family and friends.
– An enclosed verandah wraps around the house on the front and one side.
– Loungeroom with air conditioning
– Second living room with slow combustion heater
– Main bedroom with 2 large built-in wardrobes
– Kitchen with electric cooktop, oven, 2 drawer dishwasher and plenty of storage
– Bathroom with bath and shower
– Office area and fabulous undercover BBQ area at the rear of the house
– Ceiling fans and air conditioning, 2 landlines and electric hot water system
– Satellite broadband with Wi-Fi link for mobile
– Separate accommodation next to the house with bathroom
Expressions of Interest
Silverthorn is being offered for sale by Expressions of Interest.
Inspections can be arranged by prior appointment. Registration is essential before inspecting.
All Expressions of Interest must be received by close of business Monday 27th September 2021.
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information herein from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.