– Highly productive, 378 acres of pasture improved grazing land
– Excellent water security with 16ha of irrigation from huge, permanent, spring-fed dam and 33 meg irrigation licence
– In the heart of Gloucester’s fertile brush country
– Substantial 4 bedroom/2 bathroom home
– 20km east of Gloucester in the picturesque Wallamba River Valley
The property and its homestead formed the hub of the valley’s original farm. Built from timber off the property with internal hand sawn cedar wood features. ‘Wallanbah’ is a “grass factory” where your cattle will thrive. It comprises approximately 152.9ha (378 acres) of highly productive and improved grazing land and operated as a dairy until 2000. The topography is rolling to hilly and almost 100% cleared, with a small, remnant rainforest area central to the grazing land, and some timber at the very back of the property.
Spring-fed Fiddlers Green Creek meanders through the middle of the property and feeds the huge central dam. There is a pump at the dam with a 33 megalitre irrigation licence that allows for irrigation to 16ha (40acres) plus another 8 dams. The solar pump sends water to a tank on the hill and from here, water is gravity-fed to troughs at the front and rear of property and also to the house and gardens.
Internal fencing is used to facilitate strategic grazing and ease of cattle movement. A section of the property is currently leased to a neighbouring dairy farmer until March 2022. The vendor still has the capability to run 40 breeders on the property in addition to the leased cattle.
There has been ongoing and regular weed management and fertility programs in place coupled with a rotational grazing system. This system has produced a thriving pasture base resulting in the stocking rate of 80 to 100 breeders producing sale topping weaners for local markets.
Other improvements include:
1. 4BR weatherboard home with carport and inground swimming pool
– Two bathrooms and separate study
– Open plan family /dining/kitchen with air conditioner
– Glass sliding doors open onto a generous entertaining deck
– Separate formal lounge room with air conditioner
2. Machinery shed and old dairy behind the house
3. Steel Cattle yards near the road plus grain feeder and water troughs
The zoning also allows for a second home to be built on the ridge beyond the existing home with breathtaking views over the entire property and surrounding district.
‘Wallanbah’ is a beautiful, quality parcel of prime agricultural land in a quiet valley location, 20km east of Gloucester via tar-sealed road and under an hour to the beaches of Forster and Tuncurry.
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information herein from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.