What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect your name, mailing or street address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number, age or birth date, profession, occupation or job title, governmental identification details and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise and information you provide to us through our office, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website
- by telephone, letter, fax or email
- during conversations between you and our representatives
- by contracting with us
- by entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us
- completing surveys, providing feedback or complaining to us
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities
- your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers)
- your employer
- publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about services that you may want; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of Webbs Real Estate Gloucester, contractors, real estate agents and employees or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to contractors, real estate agents and employees or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political subdivision of a country).
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, contractors, real estate agents and employees or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, utilities providers, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Direct marketing materials
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will deal with the complaint in accordance with our then current Complaints Handling Procedure.
Please contact our office at:
Post: PO Box 84, Gloucester NSW 2422
Phone: (02) 6558 1507